Adjective: academic ,a-ku'de-mik
- Associated with academia or an academy
"the academic curriculum"; "academic gowns"
- Hypothetical or theoretical and not expected to produce an immediate or practical result
"an academic discussion"; "an academic question"
- Marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects
"All his life he went on making academic jokes";
- donnish, pedantic
- Having an aptitude for study
- An educator who works at a college or university
- academician, faculty member
Anagrams created from the word academic